Monday 17 February 2014

Sorry, but it's another brief diversion.


Yeah, yeah, I know, I’m supposed to be painting Polish but I couldn’t really resist this one. The new Pendraken Chinggis Khan, Great Naccara and qara sulde. (Qara sulde translates as black standard and was used in times of war whereas qara cagän translates as white standard and was used in times of peace.) 
The figures themselves are a joy to paint although I think the camel’s legs are a bit long for a Bactrian camel. The raised part of the base is made from two small pieces of garden type slate glued together, the edges were surrounded with small stones to create a slight curve and it was all smoothed out with some filler. Again, I have painted little dots on the clump foliage to break up the base and add a different colour to the mix.
The piece has been entered into the Pendraken painting competition.


Just thought I'd let you know, the other two bases for the Templar unit are just about to have the dry brushing on the bases done and that will be that  unit finished.

No comments: