Sunday, 5 June 2016

A soupçon of picture editing.

I'm going for a big 'reveal' here...well, maybe not so big. The pictures I have taken of the Polish were mostly taken in natural light -the garden- with my Olympus e-400 digital SLR camera on MACRO setting. Once taken and downloaded I then edit them with the picture program that comes with Microsoft Office 10 to auto edit the colour and brightness.

So, before edit:

After edit:

Keeping this in mind one of the Pendraken forum members mentioned about the brightness of my figures compared to his so I ran the same experiment on a couple of pics he had posted and here are the results:

Before edit:

After edit:

And again, before:

And after:

Saturday, 4 June 2016

More Renaissance Polish (II)

Next unit to be completed for my polish Renaissance army is one of Cossack axe armed infantry in Polish service. Due to the paucity of information on flags for units such as these, this standard is completely fictitious but I have tried to combine the Polish colours of red and white with a Russian religious symbol. I think it looks alright. The basing of the figures is a little higgledy-piggledy to represent the fact that it is more of an irregular unit. 
   Now all I have left is a command base -all of mounted troops- comprising of Lithuanian Grand Hetman Jan Karol Chodkiewicz (pronounced Hod-ki-a-vitz), two musicians and two husaria comrades as standard bearers. One of the standards will be the hetman's grand standard but still not completely sure about the other. Plus 15 infantry archers. reading about some of the earlier battles -Lubieszow, Kokenhauzen and Kircholm- I think I have enough infantry but will definitely need more husaria and pancerni before I make a start on the Swedes. These Swedes will actually start life as part of a projected ECW/30YW army but I have some plastic pipe that I am going to glue differnt standards to so as to portray the different units.